Les Dames d’Escoffier International
Scholarship for Culinary Education
The Les Dames d’Escoffier Scholarship for Culinary Education is given to qualified FEMALE applicants pursuing fulltime academic coursework in the fields of culinary arts, hospitality, nutrition, agriculture and related areas of study. The amount of each scholarship given is a minimum of $1,000. Applicants are judged on their career and academic goals and performance, leadership qualities, financial resourcefulness, volunteer and community involvement in the culinary world, and references.
The following criteria must be met by students applying for this scholarship:
- The applicant must be a legal resident of the State of Minnesota.
- The applicant must be enrolled in, or accepted to, a full-time accredited institution of higher learning in the United States.
- The applicant must submit this completed application along with the required essay and other documents as outlined in this application.
- The applicant must demonstrate at least one year’s experience in the food industry by submitting a biography or résumé documenting such experience.
- The applicant must submit a copy of her most recent academic transcripts with this application (high school and/or college).
- In addition to experience and academic excellence, the financial need of each applicant will be considered.
Completed applications must be returned to the Scholarship Coordinator no later than May 15 for consideration in that calendar year. Successful scholarship recipients will be notified no later than June 30 and funds will be sent directly to the named educational institution no later than September 1.
- Complete the application by answering the questions about yourself. All information will be kept confidential and your application will be destroyed once the process is completed.
- Write an essay stating why you qualify for this scholarship and what your professional short and long term goals are. Include any special considerations you think are noteworthy. Limit this essay to 500 words (1 page).
- Attach a résumé or biography of your career-related experience.
- Submit copies of transcripts, if applicable and letters of reference.
How to use “Save and Continue” for long forms
Please consider registering and logging in as a temporary user before starting to fill out this long scholarship application form. When logged in, you can use the “Save and Continue” feature of this online form. You will be able to save successive drafts of your application by clicking on “Save Draft” next to the Submit button at the bottom of the form. You can start your application, log out, come back to our website later on, log back in, and continue where you left off. The “Submit” and “Save Draft” options are shown below:
Do NOT click on the scholarship application’s Submit button until you are completely finished with your application form!