Applications are open.
Minnesota Les Dames d’Escoffier International
Microgrants for Women in Food, Beverage and Hospitality
Minnesota Les Dames d’Escoffier International is pleased to announce applications are being accepted February 7, 2023-March 14, 2023 for our 2023 MN LDEI Microgrants.
These one-time microgrants aim to support small business owners, food service employees and those interested in the field. We understand that small amounts of money provided at the right time can have a large impact. This program has been a success since its start in 2017 and have awarded more than $10,500 in microgrants!
About the MN LDEI Microgrant Program
Microgrants are competitively awarded by a committee assessing the applicant’s career goals, leadership qualities and perceived need. The amount of each grant may vary depending on the specific amount requested and the funds available.
Microgrants can include but are not limited to:
- Business promotion (website, promotional events, social media)
- Equipment purchases
- Short-term classes including certification courses
- Industry conference fees
- Business expansion
- Professional development
Eligibility and Funding Guidelines
- Candidates must be women currently living in/or employed in the state of Minnesota.
- Candidates must be focused on working in the food, beverage or hospitality industries.
- Candidates must have specific goals in mind in relation to the microgrant.
- Microgrant recipients are responsible for arranging for and initially paying for their request. Reimbursements will be made promptly upon receiving proof of the purchase or payment of expenses relating to the Microgrant. Classes and conferences must be completed before reimbursement will be issued. Invoices and/or receipts must be submitted to Mnlesdames@gmail.com no later than September 15, 2023 to receive your reimbursement.
- If the reimbursement procedure presents a financial hardship, please give an explanation in your application.
- Microgrant recipients agree to provide MN LDEI with a photo and short summary of their goals and use of the microgrant for publication in the MN LDEI newsletter.
- MN LDEI non-board members are eligible to apply.
MN LDEI Microgrants do not cover funding for:
- Undergraduate or graduate school tuition
- Business debt payments or business salary payments
- Personal expenses (such as rent, food, transportation)
MN LDEI Microgrant Application Form
If you are unable to use the online form below, you may download the application MN-LDEI-Microgrants-Information-and-Application-updated-8.23.23 (a Microsoft Word file) and email it to: MNLesDames@gmail.com